Re: [Planner Dev] Windows version

On mån, 2004-07-05 at 11:09 +0300, Jani tiainen wrote:
> Does current version of Planner compile under Windows?

Not that I know about.

> I almost managed to get MrProject to run (at least it compiled =) under
> Windows, but since development of MrProject ceased, I stopped my efforts.
>
> I can resume to my work, because at least I have great interest to get
> Planner up and running under Windows - it would be great alternative to
> Microsoft Project.

It's definitely possible to make it build on Windows, but it would
probably take a fair amount of work. Some of the libraries we are using
are not ported to Windows, for example. The hard thing is probably to
make this work in a nice way without sprinkling ifdefs throughout the
code. We are going to move to GTK+ 2.4 at some point which should make
the bonobo dependency go away, that's at least one library less :)

Imendio HB, http://www.imendio.com/