Re: [Planner Dev] Suggestion for easier Resource allocation - can I have a look at this ?.

Screen grab of what done to date.

A question : if I use Glade2 to create a new dialog box
do I have to click the build within Glade2 ? If so whats
the project settings for this.

The Link button/Menus works fine (patch sent in). The
Resource/Use Resource just has empty routines until
I work out using the dialog box stuff.

Same logic - shift/ctrl click 1 or more tasks and then
click Resource button or select Action -> Use Resource
menu item. Set/Unset or inconsistent use of resource/s
then applies to all selected tasks.

Is this what people wanted as a first step ?. I feel
it'd work for me OK. I see it in use as in the workflow
scenario of ...

"That task, that task, and that task will be
done by you, you and you."

would be effected by end user actions of click task +
ctrl-click task + ctrl-click task -> resource button click ->
check resources you1 , you2 and you3 and then click OK.

Should be quick enough.

Rgds,
Lincoln.

lincoln phipps openmutual net wrote:

I too noticed defining resources wasn't easy at first.
As a quick fix for next release of Planner can I
suggest a simple button/menu of "Allocate Resources"

Thus you could ctrl/shift-click multiple tasks (well
actually I've found up to 31 or 32 only !) and then
click/menu the "Allocate resources" option.

Something like the existing Resource display would be
presented but existing allocations would be presented
in the typical (true for GNOME ?) three-state
convention of Checked , Not Checked and Inconsistent
based on all the resource allocations of all the
selected tasks.

Thus you could easily add/remove a resource and adjust
its units allocation but keep existing allocations
unchanged, across all the selected tasks at once.

Does that sound OK ?. I can look at this as I've finished
my "Link" button change and this change would be a nice
incrementally more difficult task for me. I won't be
able to do a drag-n-drop as that would be too hard
(my guess).

OK for this ?

Rgds,
Lincoln.

(After that we'd need a easy way of setting completion
percentage for many tasks ;)