Re: [Planner Dev] Suggestion for easier Resource allocation - can I have a look at this ?.

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 22:12, lincoln phipps openmutual net wrote:
> Screen grab of what done to date.
>
> A question : if I use Glade2 to create a new dialog box
> do I have to click the build within Glade2 ? If so whats
> the project settings for this.

No. Under no circumstances do you ever want to let Glade2 build code for
you. Neither on a new nor old project. That behaviour is deprecated and
broken.

Instead, we use libglade to load in the .glade file and create the UI at
runtime. Amongst other things, this is much more maintainable (since you
don't have to worry about people editing auto-generated code if you want
to edit the dialog box again later).

To pick one random example of how this is done in Planner, have a look
at planner-calendar-dialog.c, the function planner_calendar_dialog_new()
in particular. Things like glade_xml_new() and glade_xml_get_widget()
are what you should be interested in.

The improvement you're working on sounds really nice. I look forward to
trying it.

Cheers,
Malcolm