Re: [Planner Dev] Planner Development Assistance

> Sorry about that. "Slip" of the fingers - I understand GPL - I have read a
> bit on it.

Sorry about that also (I hope I've not been rude to you). It's just that
it has important legal issues and I'm very careful with that.

> Ok, start me up on the learning curve....and pardon me for my ignorance on
> GNU development

There's nothing to pardon, we've all started from nothing.

> I work in a windows environment (win2K) is there a gnu development
> environment you' would recommend - Is Gnome/Gtk+ a development environment?

well, Gtk+ is a widget toolkit that provides windows, buttons, scrollbar
and so on (something like Swing). It also uses a few libraries that are
Glib (utilities such as stacks, hash tables, lists, trees) GObject (the
object model library) atk (an accessibility toolkit) and pango (abstract
layer that helps dispay romain charset as well as arabic, japanese and
whatever you want).
Gnome is another thing. It provides a couple of base libraries and
application to give Linux a full desktop environment (xml parsing
library, CORBA ORB, a COM like framework, more widgets, a virtual
filesystem ....)

You can find gtk+ on windows but I never hear of gnome being
successfully ported to window. I'm afraid you'll have to install Linux
somewhere in order to use that.

Considering the developpement methods, you should have a look at anjuta.
It is the equivalent of visual C++ for us. (I personnaly use a basic
text editor and the gnu tools that are provided in every Linux
distribution).

I think you have already looked at but in case of you can get more
informations on http://www.gtk.org and http://www.gnome.org

> Thanks,
> Mark

Good luck,