Re: [Planner Dev] Planner enhancement ** Link button patch against 0.11 CVS.

tis 2004-02-10 klockan 16.50 skrev lincoln phipps openmutual net:

Hi!

> My first attempt at any GNOME coding - a cut+past job if
> ever there was !. I'm using Cervisia to manage CVS and
> do the diff but never used it before in anger so please
> feedback if using it wrong. Also whats the copyright
> release procedure  for Planner ?

Cool! The patch looks like it's a good start, but it would be great if
you could adjust the coding style in a few places so if follows:

for () {  <-- brace on the same line
  <-- code on the next line

}

No C++ comments, only /* ... */

Is it possible specify which options to use for producing diffs with
Cervisia? It would be easier to review if you could use "diff -ubBp"
(one of the options tell diff to not care about white-space changes
only).

About copyright, you should add yourself to the files where you write
more than a few lines that aren't just copy/paste.

> The following patch adds a Link button to the menus and
> GUI.
>
> If you ctrl-click tasks in Task or Gantt view and then
> click the Link button it puts a FS link between these.
> Multiple items cause it to cascade links as it walks
> through the task list.

Nice!

> I want to add shift-click and ctrl-click to modify the
> MRP_RELATION_XX behaviour but don't know anything
> about GNOME gui stuff to trap this message type.

Hmm, I don't think using modifiers when clicking toolbar buttons is very
common. Maybe we could put the less common cases in a menu and have
shortcut keys for those?

Thanks,
Richard

--
Richard Hult                    richard imendio com
Imendio                         http://www.imendio.com