Re: [Planner Dev] First version of planner e-d-s importer in planner CVS

On s�2004-08-15 at 00:01 +0200, Richard Hult wrote:
> On l�2004-08-14 at 06:00 +0200, Alvaro del Castillo wrote:

> Hm, this doesn't solve the situation I was talking about, does it?
>
> First, lots of computers are named localhost => not unique. And also if
> two users on the same machine exchanges files, they can have the same
> ID.
>
> On the other hand, the generated ID is probably "unique enough" for this
> to work. But it's not a very nice solution, in my opinion.

Well, two users on the same machine can never be a problem since they
can't both have their e-d-s running as the same pid at the same time
(since both pid and time is part of the UID).

And it seems extremely unlikely that two users create a user at the same
second and at the same time happens to have their e-d-s running as the
same pid number, both machines named the same and happens to have added
the same amount of users before (to get the serial number to be the
same).

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--