Re: [Planner Dev] First version of planner e-d-s importer in planner CVS

Hi!

El vie, 13-08-2004 a las 19:16, Richard Hult escribió:

> > > Since imho this should be updated automatically if you change the
> > > information in Evolution there is one problem I see. And that is if you
> > > send the file to someone, their UIDs won't be the same as the ones in my
> > > computer, so for that I'm not sure the best way is to store the UIDs for
> > > these contacts in the save .planner file itself.
> > >

> > Hmmm, I am not sure we can start to think about the more than one user
> > access to this data with sync feature. e-d-s is now desing for personal
> > use, so every user will have its own contact database for local
> > resources.
>
> Actually, we HAVE to think about this, since it will break horribly
> otherwise. Imagine me sending a file to you with e-d-s resources. And
> when it's updated on your computer (manually or automatically) things
> will be messed up, and all resources will end up wrong, since they will
> be what happens to have the same uids on our machines.
>
> We probably need to have a way to identity a certain e-d-s instance and
> never sync unless it's the right one (possibly with special casing for
> the ldap case, if possible).

The e-d-s instance has a unique identifier. This identifier is link to
the machine where it was generated and also, has a unique serial number.
So this is the way to identify a e-d-s instance.

In Planner, take a look to 621 line change in he right column:

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/planner/src/planner-eds-plugin.c?r1=1.3&r2=1.4

And this is how UIDs are generated:

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/evolution-data-server/libedataserver/e-uid.c?rev=1.2&view=auto
(e_uid_new)

Actually, only when importing resources that have the same uid that one
that exists in planner, the update of the resource in planner is done.
So if you send me a file and I import some resources from evolution, it
is impossible to  update your resources with my resources if they are
local. If they come from a ldap, I have to take a look af the uid
generation because I feel they will be shared so updates will occur, and
I think this is what we want.

Cheers

> /Richard

-- Alvaro