Re: [Planner Dev] The link tasks dialog - screenshot.

Richard Hult wrote:
On tis, 2004-04-13 at 10:50 +0100, Lincoln Phipps wrote:

Well here is what it looks like. Its code complete - just needs
my debug comments removing.

Main features:
Relation - no difference here.

Lag - this takes a string e.g. 1h, 1d or 1w etc and
maps this to the internally used lag which is in
seconds.

Does it understand "1d 2h", etc, like the task/gantt view?

I'm still in planner-task-tree.c so I simply use task_tree_parse_time_tree() which is already nicely
provided.

I thought that the task_tree_parse_time_tree could be put
into planner-format.c like you mentioned but it needs the tree to
get the working time details so it couldn't easily be made generic.
Not adding anything new here.

**** There is one thing we need to do: ******

We need to store what the user entered in e.g. 1h or 1d etc because
though we store or use it internally as seconds it needs to
be remembered  as to how the user entered it.

Thus we have "lag" (which is in seconds) and "display-lag"
(can this be made locale-neutral ?) for a relation.

Why ? because once we mangle it into seconds then we lose what
units it was entered as. Thus why not just remember what was
entered as a string ? I think it would be easy to implement in
schema/XML though we would have to make sure that the
display-lag-units in a project could be read on a different
locale OK.

Lincoln.