Re: [Planner Dev] The link tasks dialog - screenshot.

On tis, 2004-04-13 at 13:49 +0100, Lincoln Phipps wrote:

> > This approach will need more thinking and I'm not sure it's the best
> > idea but I feel that the dialog is too complex to be brought up
> > everytime you try to link two tasks. Especially since it contains logic
> > so you have to give it thought everytime it's shown.
> >

> This does sound more complicated than my simple dialog box. I think
> what I'll do is remove the "cascade/fanout/fanin" options when you
> click just two tasks and reword upwards/downwards to be more
> descriptive as you've mentioned.

I was thinking some more on this and I don't think that this is
something that we should consider for 1.0 anyway. So for 1.0 I think the
best way is to just consider using a dialog.

What I'm thinking about with that is, is there an action that is going
to be done 90% of the time while 10% of the time you want to actually
change the behaviour? Like, will most people only use the current way of
doing it without setting lag and other link properties? If so, perhaps
we should just add another way of saying "Link..." which will bring up
the dialog and otherwise just keep the simple one?

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal
--
Imendio HB, http://www.imendio.com/