Re: [Planner Dev] Task Predecessors

On mån, 2004-04-05 at 08:07 +1000, Corey Schuhen wrote:
> Hi again all,
>
> Thanks again Lincoln for the testing and "mentoring" I read the comments in
> the doco about giving cvs diff the "-u", unfortunately "cvs diff" is one of
> those lines that I type subconsciously. Sorry about that Richard.

No problem. I keep a few such cvs options in ~/.cvsrc, so I don't need
to type them manually, which helps:

# more ~/.cvsrc
cvs -z3
diff -uBbp
update -dP
checkout -P

> The alternative is to implement a bunch functions calls, signals, slots in
> parallel to the ones that get called when a relation is added or removed.
> This would add functionality to "change" a relation type. While this seems
> slightly architecturally "cleaner" to me, it is a bunch more work and would
> just increase complexity to about 5 interfaces. i.e. the KISS principle
> opposes this.

We usually try to do the "right thing" right away, but sometimes when it
is too much work, it might be a good idea to just get the code working
with the appropriate "FIXME: " comments added. Possibly also adding a
bug with more comments. In this case it's not clear which would be best,
so I think we should just go with your way.

I have a few small comments about the patch that would be good to get
fixed before committing, only style related.

We put spaces before "(" and "{" etc, like:

foo (bar);

and

} else {

We also prefer to do this with "else if" statements:

if (foo) {
  bar;
}
else if (baz) { /* else if on a new line */
}

It would be great if you could address this and then we could get this
committed, will be a very nice addition :)

Thanks a lot!
Richard

--
Richard Hult                    richard imendio com
Imendio                         http://www.imendio.com