Re: [Planner Dev] Roadmap for 1.0

fre 2003-12-12 klockan 17.08 skrev Kurt Maute:

> Another usability enhancement would be to implement tabbing from one
> field to the next in a task.  When I click 'insert', I need to also
> click in the task name field (and each other field I want to change).
> The 'insert' button should leave the user in the name field of the new
> task - ready to start typing, and then move on to the next column by
> pressing the tab key.  IMHO, this would be more convenient.

If people think that we should start editing when inserting a task, I
could do that. It's as simple as doing a s/FALSE/TRUE/ :) It's probably
a good idea. Do we have consensus?

> > >       * Other export/import filters? Gnumeric comes to mind, and simple
> > >         CSV text export
> >
> > Are there any standards in this area that people know about? What I am
> > asking is whether the existing spreadsheet export stylesheet just uses a
> > style that looks reasonable, or are we emulating something that exists
> > in Microsoft Project or another tool?
>
> If it would be helpful, I could provide some examples of MSP export
> formats.

That would be great!

> > >       * Finish the "Time table view" (we need a better name), displays a
> > >         resource centric gantt like chart, Xavier has started looking at
> > >         this
> >
> > "Resource utilisation" sounds nearly as bad, but that is what I kept
> > thinking of it as when this was originally being worked on. "Resource
> > usage", maybe? "Resource scheduling"?
>
> I don't recall that I ever got a chance to take a good look at the time
> table view, but I'm thinking that if it looks like a gantt, then maybe
> we should call it a 'Resource Gantt'?
>
> Just for reference on this one, I posted some screen shots of the
> various MSP resource views.  They call them 'Resource Graph', 'Resource
> Sheet', and 'Resource Usage'.  http://www.maute.us/planner/mspexamples

The time table is pretty close the their resource usage view, I think.
We should think through what we want it to do before we do any massive
amount of hacking on the current code... I haven't looked that closely
at what it does.

Regards,
Richard

--
Richard Hult                    richard imendio com
Imendio                         http://www.imendio.com