[Planner Dev] Roadmap for 1.0

Hi,

I've been thinking a bit about what we need to get done in order to
reach 1.0 with Planner.

I've posted what I think should be in the roadmap at the new site:

http://planner.imendio.org/hackerlog/000025.php

---

Bascially, I think that we need to get the basic functionality done,
release 1.0, and then take it from there. That means that more advanced
topics like a project server will be out of scope here.

So, here comes a list, smaller and larger items somewhat mixed:

      * Undo/redo: this is a must-have. I've started working on it
      * Implement the remaining types of task constraints:
        start-to-finish, start-to-start, finish-to-finish
      * Zoom and date range options for printing
      * Remember print settings
      * Use libgda for the database support
      * Up to date, complete userguide
      * Usability improvements to the gantt chart (move tasks with the
        mouse, context-menu for gantt bars, etc
      * Project template files (nice and useful project examples)
      * OpenOffice spreadsheet export. There is an XSL stylesheet for
        this, just needs to be hooked up
      * Other export/import filters? Gnumeric comes to mind, and simple
        CSV text export
      * Finish the "Time table view" (we need a better name), displays a
        resource centric gantt like chart, Xavier has started looking at
        this

I'm going to be hacking away at the undo support, which will take a
while, but I'd be happy to help getting started with the other items for
those who want to help out. Testing and bug reporting would be great as
well.

Other than the first and the last item, those are pretty small tasks so
don't hesitate to give it a try.

Happy hacking! ;)

--
Richard Hult                    richard imendio com
Imendio                         http://www.imendio.com