Re: [Planner Dev] Roadmap for 1.0

Hi!

>       * Use libgda for the database support

Rodrigo Moya, the libgda project leader, has said me that he would want
to help in this point. I have seen that we only need to change the
mrp-sql.c file which has the libpq-fe calls.

I have loo at this file and we have to migrate 11 different functiones
from libpq to libgda. I don't think it is a very hard thing so I plan to
start working on it.

I attach to this email the 11 functiones we need to migrate. I will look
at libgda to search the similar functions we would use and start the
migration. I am not sure if we will find problems with general methos
like PQexec.

Cheers

> Happy hacking! ;)
Differents functions we have from libpq in mrp-sql.c:

str = PQgetvalue (res, i, j);
str = PQfname (res, j);
res = PQexec (data->conn, query);
if (!res || PQresultStatus (res) != PGRES_COMMAND_OK)
PQclear (res);
if (PQntuples (res) > 0) {
data->conn = PQsetdbLogin (server,
if (PQstatus (data->conn) == CONNECTION_BAD) {
PQfinish (data->conn);
PQerrorMessage (data->conn));
n = PQnfields (res);

we need the same functions from libgda: