Re: gdmgreeter CPU usage

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 10:42 +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> If you want to see a little picture of firefox starting up and rendering
> fontconfig.org, look here: http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/1654

Very interesting.  The treemap makes if painfully obvious.

Do you have a breakdown of FcFontSort when it is built with no inlining?
Using "-Os -fno-inline" was very useful when profiling Pango; it made it
very easy to see what functions were taking up the time.

I'm just starting to grok how Fontconfig works, as the API reference in
fontconfig.org is pretty obscure.

One simple question that will undoubtedly give away my ignorance:  why
does fcmatch.c use doubles for the match distances?  How big can those
values grow, anyway?  The only double-ish thing I can see there is the
initializations of big values to 1e99, only to be replaced immediately
by small numbers when doing the comparisons.

  Federico