Re: [pdfmod] pdfmod's Launchpad project

On Tuesday 04,May,2010 06:13 PM, Roberto C. Morano wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Firstly, I wanted to introduce myself. I'm currently working on the
> development of Guadalinex [1] and we wanted to include PdfMod in our
> distro.
>
> I'm taking the Debian packaging for Karmic from the package you, the
> pdfmod-team  [2] (as far as I know, at least Gabriel Burt is and rules
> this list :), have hosted in your Launchpads ppa.
> I have created a branch [3] for our changes to the "Debianization"
> (which at the end, were minimal, just the changelog version) for Lucid,
> and I wanted to relate it to pdfmod's project in LP, but I haven't find
> any.
>
> So, before I created a project for pdfmod there, I wanted to ask you if
> I should (giving you all the credits/powers, of course) or if you prefer
> to create it yourself.
> It would be used only to host the branches that contain the debian
> packaging, just to have it versioned somewhere, having upstream apart
> from this LP project.
>
> As I mentioned, I have only performed minor changes to control/changelog
> files but the package is perfectly built using the latest upstream
> version retrieved via "debian/watch", so my branch won't be any useful,
> but anyway I wanted to have it related to the project just in the case
> in the future we do some useful changes :]

Well, hello there. I'm actually guilty for not being active enough in poking
pdfmod lately, but I've my own reasons, exams, assignments and all. Regarding
the packaging bit, actually Pdfmod bundles two libraries, i.e. pdf-sharp, and
poppler-sharp. I've managed to get poppler-sharp autotoolized and released, so
the next step would be to package both poppler-sharp and pdf-sharp.

PdfSharp is the most nightmarish package I've ever considered packaging so far,
so I hope you understand my hesitation/procrastination as I need to keep my
sanity in check at least until this semester (hey I'm a student) is over.

As for your other question about the bzr branch/project creation... if Gabriel
has nothing to say against it, go ahead and create it. Also, add yourself to the
team, and have either Gabriel or myself approve you. :-)

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin