Re: [pdfmod] requesting your input on releases, etc

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 5:32 AM, CaStarCo<castarco gmail com> wrote:
> In the other hand, i don't think PDF Mod can be included in the GNOME
> Desktop because the usage of Mono. I don't know if it's easy or
> difficult to port it to Vala  (I think it's difficult but I haven't
> proofs), in that case will be more easy to include PDF Mod in Gnome.

There is no rule preventing Mono applications from being part of GNOME
(see Tomboy).  Let's not continue this discussion, as I don't think
anybody working on PdfMod has the least interest in rewriting it in
another language.

PdfMod would not have come as far as it has as quickly as it has
without Mono, C#, Hyena, PdfSharp, etc.  Obviously, if somebody wants
to start their own project porting PdfMod to another language, they
are within their rights to do so.

Sandy