Re: Moving existing ostree users to a new branch - take 2

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 1:26 PM, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:
On Fri, May 12, 2017, at 01:23 PM, Colin Walters wrote:

> But that said...this feels like a "developer/tester" thing.  If we expect the vast
> majority of users to track a single ref, we could indeed inject into the commit
> the name of the ref, and just relax the check for developer/testing scenario.

And I meant to ask - do you think this applies to flatpak usage as well?  Do you
forsee commits migrating between refs outside of a small audience of dev/test?

The use case in which this has come up for flatpak so far is changes in the repository hosting. For example, Alex put up a repo for recipes early on, but then I made my own, so I wouldn't have to bother him with builds. And now, I'm moving recipes to flathub.  I don't want to leave my users stranded during those repository migrations.