Re: ostree host from scratch w/o anaconda

You might want to take a look at https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/pull/228 It makes using GRUB much simpler.

> as it generates the kernel and initrd paths like /ostree/..., when in my single partitioning setup, it should be /boot/ostree/....

This is not really an issue with the above patch, see my comments in https://github.com/gatispaeglis/ostree/blob/ostree-grub-generator/src/boot/grub2/ostree-grub-generator

I see that there is a WIP patch to fix the "boot on its own partition" for uboot and syslinux boot loader backends as well.

https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/pull/215