Re: Current status of the GNOME Github mirror: ostree module

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016, at 03:02 PM, Colin Walters wrote:

But...what I'm thinking now is to create ostree as its own new github
organization.

Okay, so I created:  https://github.com/ostreedev

(Annoyingly http://github.com/ostree exists but is inactive now)

Next step I think we can take immediately:

 - Transfer the GNOME/ostree repository to ostreedev/ostree
   This will get us the PR history, etc.  I think this will require
   some action on the GNOME sysadmin side to special case it.

This would solve the immediate problem of "GNOME doesn't want people
using the github mirror for PRs".

But doing this would immediately raise the major question: - do we retain git.gnome.org/ostree and
if so, is it canonical?  My instinct here is to make it a mirror...I think we
can automate that.

This basically follows the footsteps of the systemd move to github.

I would like to move towards using Homu for OSTree, and that's sanest
if the bot isn't writing to gnome git.

I'd say we retain the mailing list here just because...the mailing
list alternatives are rather unappealing to me personally.  And
that also matches what systemd did.