Re: What ostree operations are safe to do concurrently

On Dec 3, 2015 7:12 PM, "Jasper St. Pierre" <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:

> Wouldn't a better, lockless solution be to require that the objects
> are only moved from tmp/ to the loose-objects/ directory only after
> their parent is in the directory?
>
> Although this is likely hard to track.

I actually thought that was how things worked and was trying to figure out how to do it when writing my push script. I was surprised to find that they're just moved in without ordering in the commit transaction.

I don't think it would be that hard to do, though. You can just traverse a commit and move the objects when ascending (if they're not already in the store). However, the traversal if slow, and I don't think there's currently a way to make it look for objects in the staging directory.