Re: qemu disk-mounting issue on openSUSE

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Michael Hill <mdhillca gmail com> wrote:

>>> On Mageia, I get closer than before: the Reached Target Graphical
>>> Interface kernel message. The graphical window opens up to the full
>>> resolution, pauses, then gives up and returns to the console (then
>>> repeats this until I kill it). This looks like the behaviour I got
>>> attempting to boot from grub with radeon or nouveau video.
>>
>> Hrm...is this on bare metal, or qemu?  But as for radeon/nouveau, I
>> think we're still not building mesa/drm with the requisite gallium bits.
>
> It's qemu. Maybe if I compare the update-kernel messages between
> Mageia and openSUSE I can tell what's missing.

Getting warmer on Mageia: qemu-kvm with '-vga std' gets me a fail
whale with a login dialogue over top of it. Seems like no mouse, but I
can see the friendly top bar for the first time. There is information
in greeter.log I will try to access.

Meanwhile 'ostbuild resolve' is working when I jhbuild with the local moduleset.

Mike