Re: [orca-list] Customize Punctuation Settings?

Hello,

in Orca, you can modify the punctuation level on the Speech tab in the
settings, using the respective combo-box.

As for what do the individual levels mean, I don't think this is
actually the matter of Orca.

Individual speech modules in speech dispatcher are responsible for what
they pronounce, and at least for espeak-ng there is some configuration
about this in /etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak-ng.conf

It's true there are some things missing, like configuration of other
levels than some, but these questions may be better suited for the
speech-dispatcher mailing list.

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 23. 9. 2022 o 13:15 Matt Dizak via orca-list napísal(a):
I'm sorry, but where in Orca can I modify the punctuation settings?
I'm talking about what file / section within the Pythoncode, because I
know I can't do it within the settings.

For example, tell me about tilde and exlamation marks, but not
parentheses and brakets.  They've changed the default configuration of
what "Some" / "Most" / "All" setting means within the main Orca config
settings.

Any chance of a little advice as to where in the Python code I should
be looking instead of me going on a wild goose chase?

Thanks,
Matt