Re: [orca-list] [g-a-devel] Orca screen reader with java swing application

Hello,

Artem Semenov via gnome-accessibility-devel, le jeu. 01 sept. 2022 14:14:07 +0400, a ecrit:
Hi. My name is Artem, I am developing an accessibility IDE based on IntelliJ at JetBrains.
I'm having trouble getting screen reader accessibility of a java swing app running with AtkWrapper.
I see that AtkWrapper has loaded and is working. Internal accessibility methods like
AccessibleContext.GetAccessibleName() are called, but Orca doesn't say anything in the test swing
application window.

Could you check in accerciser whether the java application shows up with
the hierarchy of widgets?

(possibly there are bugs that make Orca unable to understand the
application structure or whatever)

I start the application like this:
```shell
./build/linux-x86_64-server-release/images/jdk/bin/java -cp
"build/tests:/home/user/dev/gnome/jawbuild/lib/jvm/java-17-openjdk-amd64/lib/java-atk-wrapper.jar"
-Djava.library.path=/home/user/dev/gnome/jawbuild/lib
-Djavax.accessibility.assistive_technologies=org.GNOME.Accessibility.AtkWrapper
-Djavax.accessibility.screen_reader_present=true AccessibleJListTest
```

That should be fine enough.

Samuel