Re: [orca-list] keyboard loses focus after logging in

Thank you Peter.

I did try it on Debian:

as root

apt install metacity

From my ID

gsettings set org.mate.session.required-components windowmanager metacity

Then I rebooted.

It does work and seems to get rid of hung processes, although it may be slightly less convenient than Marco because some of the key bindings like alt-control-t to open the terminal aren't mapped by default.

Maybe we could ask the Debian upstream people to get rid of Marco, but I doubt they will be willing to do this.  The bug report has been open for almost a year and apparently nothing has been done.