Re: [orca-list] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

On Thursday, 20 October 2022,  2:18 pm +0200, Colomban Wendling via orca-list <orca-list gnome org> wrote:

... It really could be a mailing list ...

It is currently a mailing list and gnome is breaking that without even pretending to get community input.

I think that before getting angry and setting up something new, maybe giving
it a fair shot would be good.

What is fair would be the gnome folk asking users what they actually need instead of imposing some solution
that no one asked for.

-- call me crazy, but I trust they care.

All the evidence we have says they don't care in the least. No input was saught, no evaluation was asked for
and the notice period is really short. As blind folk, we're used to being second class citizens; I appreciate
the gnome folks unmasking themselves as just the usual patronizing uncaring types who think that crumbs are
good enough.

--
Will Estes
westes575 gmail com