Re: [orca-list] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

Hello,

I've got the feeling this got a tiny bit too heated too quickly. Admittedly I have little experience with creating *new* topics by email on Discourse, but at the very least interacting with existing ones is quite easy -- at least once the account is set up. It really could be a mailing list that it wouldn't be too different (threads works, I get individual replies as soon as they are posted, etc.).

I think that before getting angry and setting up something new, maybe giving it a fair shot would be good. And I'm hopeful that if there are any accessibility issue preventing setting up an account or subscribing to the Orca messages, people at GNOME infrastructure will try and find a solution -- call me crazy, but I trust they care.

If all else fails, sure, an alternative viable solution should be found, but I have the feeling it hasn't been given a fair chance. Yes, changing habits is hard and annoying. But often it's not worse once those habits are changed, sometimes it's even better. Hopefully Discourse doesn't fall in the third category.

Cheers,
Colomban