[orca-list] Questions we need to ask the Fedora and Gnome teams

Hi all,

I am sorry. I will be going on a bit of a rant here, I am frustrated with both Fedora and the Gnome team.

I have, again, tried installing the vanilla Fedora 36 download, which, as far as I know runs a vanilla Gnome 42. Why then is there no way to get Orca running once the Fedora disk has been booted. I tried myself, I tried with sighted help. No luck.

I cannot even open a terminal with the so called Gnome keyboard shortcut "ctrl+mod1+T". If this is vanilla Gnome, then the Gnome team has to answer the question, why is the keyboard shortcuts you advertise not enabled by default.

If it is not vanilla gnome, then someone at the Fedora team is a liar.

--
Warm regards,

Brandt Steenkamp

Sent using Thunderbird from the Ubuntu machine