[orca-list] lightdm starting without a screenreader

Helolo,

I have Debian Bookworm. Usually I work in command mode. however, i would like to be able to  use Mate. When i
start lightdm it puts the screen in graphics mode.
Brltty says the scren is not it text mode and there is no screenreader. How can I remedy this?

Thanks,
Jon

--
John J. Boyer