Re: [orca-list] Installing Firefox Extensions

I can't recall when the change was made, but I remember the allow
buttons on such notifications being just one or two tabs away from the
address bar under the old style, and this is the only example of F6 to
switch panes I can remember hearing about in ~25 years of using
desktop computers... Granted, Firefox is the only graphical
application I've made extensive use of since going blind, and it's
entirely possible I'd still be ignorant of this functionality were I
still interacting with computers primarily via monitor and mouse
instead of earphones and keyboard.

But yeah, it's annoying whenever something changes and the way your
used to doing things no longer works. Thank Turing, Stallman, and
Torvalds most FOSS software doesn't feel the need to overhaul the UI
with every major release like some overpriced proprietary software
packages like to do.

That's also the main reason I stick to Firefox-ESR over the mainline
release, the more experimental changes generally have had the kinks
ironed out or have been discarded before they make it to ESR and often
the Orca dev has whacked any accessibility moles that have popped up
due to those changes by then as well.