Re: [orca-list] New line problem

Oh that. It's a bit tricky. What Orca does is ask the app/toolkit for
the current sentence, then the next, then the next, etc. Gtk (and
possibly other toolkits) is treating a newline as a sentence end. I can
see how that would be annoying. However, just ignoring what Gtk (and
possibly others) report as a sentence might lead to undesired SayAll
behavior elsewhere. For instance, what if the text is not an article,
but list of items, one per line? If Orca combined all that into a
single SayAll sentence, it might sound like gibberish. So we need to
find a way to reliably identify when a newline character is a sentence
boundary versus when it isn't -- despite what the app or toolkit tells
us.

--joanie

On Thu, 2022-07-21 at 13:13 +0200, Arkadiusz Kozioł via orca-list