Re: [orca-list] Automatic Focus Mode when Going to Address Bar in Chrome

Hello,

Yes, characters I type are being interpreted as navigation commands. Not every time, but much of the time on first launch of the browser, particularly. It seems that once I tell orca to go into focus mode for the address bar, subsequent visits to the address bar work as intended.

On Sat, Jul 9, 2022 at 4:43 PM Jason White via orca-list <orca-list gnome org> wrote:

On 8/7/22 19:46, Nimer Jaber via orca-list wrote:

> Is it possible to get Orca to somehow go into focus mode automatically
> when going to the address bar? It seems like this behavior is
> inconsistent, particularly when first launching Chrome.

Are you finding that characters typed into the address field of the
address bar are being interpreted by Orca as navigational commands? This
is not happening to me, although Orca appears to be in browse mode.

So, I'm wondering what the problem is taht you're actually experiencing.

The current arrangement is working fine here, but that doesn't entail
that it's working for you.