Re: [orca-list] How do I get orca running on arch linux

twm may be blocking orca, you may want to uninstall that.  First check for
a package called screen-reader.  If found, that's orca on archlinux.
Next, configure startx so it starts mate.  Next run startx then hit f4
once.  Finally alt+f2 then type screen-reader --replace and increase the
volume on speakers or plug in headphones and see what happens.