Re: [orca-list] Orca only announce heading level without title

Hey Edhoari.

This is a known and tricky issue, and every time I try to work on it I eventually get fed up and tackle a different problem. <tired smile> That said, I'll give it another go today.

Basically what seems to be happening on this particular site is that poking at the heading and/or its child link causes both the heading and child link to be destroyed and (presumably) recreated. In other words, it's all valid when we find the heading. But when Orca tries to update the caret/focus within the browser and get the heading text, the browser destroys everything (the heading's name disappears, the link that gives the heading its name disappears, etc.). So I either need to find a clever way to recover from this, or we need the browsers to stop the destruction.....

--joanie