Re: [orca-list] Decent enough voice other than espeak-ng?

Nope.

If you spend a lot of time in Linux, you might find Voxin worth the price. You can get either IBM TTS (same as Eloquence) or vocalizer voices.

I run the highest fidelity version of Vocalizer Nathan, and it's pretty well as good as what you'd expect on an Aple product.

On 2022-02-26 19:26, John G. Heim via orca-list wrote:
I do a lot of work in virtual machines and I have this problem getting mixed up on whether I'm on my real machine or a virtual machine. I thought I'd simply use a different voice in the VM. I could just use a different accent and/or different speed in espeakup. That's less than ideal. Is there anything in Debian/Ubuntu that I can install with apt and that will just work?