[orca-list] Decent enough voice other than espeak-ng?

I do a lot of work in virtual machines and I have this problem getting mixed up on whether I'm on my real machine or a virtual machine. I thought I'd simply use a different voice in the VM. I could just use a different accent and/or different speed in espeakup. That's less than ideal. Is there anything in Debian/Ubuntu that I can install with apt and that will just work?

--
###
John G. Heim, 608-263-4189, jheim math wisc edu