Re: [orca-list] Decent enough voice other than espeak-ng?

Hi,

wouldn't just using another espeak variant be enough?

There are quite lot of them and some are pretty usable.

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 27. 2. 2022 o 1:26 John G. Heim via orca-list napísal(a):
I do a lot of work in virtual machines and I have this problem getting
mixed up on whether I'm on my real machine or a virtual machine. I
thought I'd simply use a different voice in the VM. I could just use a
different accent and/or different speed in espeakup. That's less than
ideal. Is there anything in Debian/Ubuntu that I can install with apt
and that will just work?

--
###
John G. Heim, 608-263-4189, jheim math wisc edu