Re: [orca-list] Plugin to jump easily in Thunderbird folder trree

Yes, I was looking for that one.

Thanks

On 2/6/22 20:37, Andrew Hart via orca-list wrote:
I'm not sure exactly how you want to jump through the folder tree, but at the risk of blowing my own horn, I have an add-on available for instalation via the Thunderbird Add-on manager (in the same way as Expression Search NG) that may be helpful. The add-on is called Quick Folder Key Navigation and it essentially lets you type the name of a folder you want to jump to in the mail folder tree while the folder tree has focus. You can jump to the next folder whose name starts with a letter, or you can type the first part of a folder name and it will jump to the first folder matching what you've typed. In the current implementation, it can only jump to parts of the folder tree that are actually open, so you can close off parts of the tree you don't want it to look in. Of course, while the add-on is enabled, you can't use the single-letter Thunderbird short-cut keys, but these work as soon as you tab away from the folder tree. The functionality can be quickly toggled on and off from the folder tree's context menu without having to open the add-on manager.

The git repository for the add-on is at
https://github.com/hartag/keynav
which includes a Makefile for building the add-on. There aren't any prebuilt extensions on there, but the latest version is already available for installation in the add-on manager. If you really want to build it yourself, you only need a few standard utilities like zip, make, sed, find, etc., which are available on every Linux distro.

Hth.