Re: [orca-list] The LibreOffice's low accessibility

On 14/1/22 14:11, Vsevolod Popov via orca-list wrote:
The reason why I am asking is that I want to switch as completely as possible from Windows to Linux and use LibreOffice Writer for working with documents. Are these things like formatting the documents with styles accessible like we do in MS Word?
Creating contents, headings all that things with documents?

Returning to this thread, I carried out some basic tests with the latest LibreOffic release (version 7.3), and the results were similar to what I experienced with previous versions.

You should be able to write and edit documents with Orca, and apply styles. You can also use the Navigator (F5) to move quickly to a heading in the document.

I find that LibreOffice isn't as versatile as using a markup language such as LaTeX and a text editor, but the basics are achievable and the accessibility is in place.

Note that the Document Foundation is apparently working to improve the accessibility of LibreOffice, as evidenced by their recent contract to improve regression testing by reimplementing the tests in C++. The next step, according to their document, is to extend the tests to control types that aren't already covered. So, they seem to be establishing the fundamentals needed to improve accessibility further in the future.