[orca-list] Changing time format on linux.

Hi all,

I am using arch linux with mate and find that everything is spoken in 24 hour format rather than Am/Pm.  Is there a way to fix this?  My locale is set to en_US.UTF-8, but things are still spoken in 24 hour.  Using gnome on another system using arch this is not the case after fixing this in gnome settings.  any ideas? Doing a search did not give me much other than what was in the arch wiki which i've already checked.  As a ide note this is also the case in slint as well.

Thanks.

Matthew