Re: [orca-list] Speech configuration in Orca

Hello,

spd-say -w -i -100 Hello

produces silence on my system, as I would expect, while using another -i
value properly sets the volume.

In fact, my goal is not to mute the speech, but rather to get it to
lower values.

It's important for some silent audio sources, where the current lowest
setting is.. better than nothing, but still could be quieter.

Though not muted altogether, as I need to use the screenreader.

An interesting thing about the sliders is, that flat review actually
recognizes them properly, just the tab navigation separates the last
digit for some reason.

It's weird.

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 27. 8. 2022 o 18:22 Jeffery Mewtamer via orca-list napísal(a):
I can't pull up Orca's preferences on my system for reasons I don't
know, so I can't comment on how the values for things read on my
end(though Pitch being displayed on a 0-10 scale that goes by tenths
versusus a scale from 0-100 going by ones strike me as equally
vlid)...

That said, it might be worth pointing out that Orca+S will toggle
speech on/off and that might be simpler than messing around in Orca's
preferences if your goal is to really mute the speech while retaining
Orca's other functions.