Re: [orca-list] Getting Audio For Orca

On 12/8/22 14:26, K0LNY_Glenn wrote:
I ran alsactl init and it seemed to identify the card for the board, but
still no audio.
I'm hoping someone here has some other ideas I can try.

Have you tried using amixer or a similar program to make sure that the audio output isn't muted and that the volume isn't set to zero?

Also, if there are multiple audio devices, your output might be sent to the wrong one. The aplay -l command will list all of the available audio outputs.

Once you have Speech-Dispatcher working, it's time to install Orca.