Re: [orca-list] Zoom meetings with Chromium and Orca

Hello,

from my experience, it varries a lot.

I've just attended few Zoom meetings these days, without the
--force-renderer-accessibility flag, and the experience was very smooth,
with no problems at all.

While I attended another bunch of meetings between July and August, and
thatone went, in accessibility terms, completely horrible.

My computer's fan was busy with work, Orca needed few restarts to move
at least a single element on the screen.

With or without the accessibility flag.

But the most serious issue is how hard is this behavior to reproduce.

Because there were actually meetings that went fine, and meetings that
went bad.

I even asked here about problems with the User name text entry field in
Zoom. I used the --force-renderer-accessibility flags as Joanie
suggested, that resolved this specific issue, but when I tried it
afterwards without the flag to confirm it changes the behavior, it was
suddenly not present, all went OK.

I.E. no reproducibility, and that means, very hard to fix.

I wonder whether Chromium might have get some accessibility updates
meanwile, since the meetings I attended these days went really without
any complications at all, that was unusual back on the start of the
month, when even the good performing meetings had at least a small
feedback delay.

But it can be very likely just a coincidence. Without something specific
in hand, I'm afraid we're not getting anywhere with this.

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 10. 8. 2022 o 16:28 Kyle via orca-list napísal(a):
Yes, I have had the same experience with Zoom and Orca using Chromium
and Brabe here. Chat is a bit wonky, and I had some problems initially
with setting video backgrounds, but for audio meetings, and even video
if you don't mind straight-up video without a background or blur effect,
Zoom via the web works pretty well.

~Kyle