[orca-list] Calendar applications and CalDAV servers

I'm contemplating running a calendar (CalDAV) server and setting up a suitable client for using it with Orca under Linux. Are any other Orca users on the list hosting their own calendars?

If so, what do you recommend on the client side for use with Orca for working with calendar events and invitations? Which CalDAV server do you recommend?

I'll also need to access the server from other operating systems and from mobile devices. Security is important.

If this isn't feasible, I'll need to turn to one of the commercial providers.