Re: [orca-list] Small bug when using BRLTTY in a graphical terminal

Hello Jason,

Jason White via orca-list (2022/04/27 14:31 -0400):
I don't know how to solve your problem other than to provide an option for
the user to deactivate selection announcements.

It could be done that way, yes. Another way, that looks better to me,
would be that Orca is changed to not annonce selection changes when it
is not used to render a widget. When you are in a terminal, Orca knows
that it's not rendering it, I think, so such a heuristic seems doable to
me. I had a quick look to the sources to see whether I could provide at
least a proof of concetp but I was unsure how to do the patch, hence
this e-mail.

Sébastien.