Re: [orca-list] Reading PDF files with Orca

With Evince, you have to first press f7 for carrot navigation.

Then you will get content.

Krishnakant.

On 07/04/22 16:27, Christian Schoepplein via orca-list wrote:
Hi,

Crome or Firefox can display PDFs, yes, but the format is totaly
disrupted, at least in my case and on my system (Debian Bullseye with
backports enabled). That is no solution I can work at my job, also
converting PDFs to text is no serious solution :-(.

I've also installed evince and tried to read a very simple PDF, also
no success, no content is shown :-(. What else do I have todo when
opening a PDF with evince to get the content displayed?

PDF is one of the very less show stoppers for using Linux only. I do
not need my Windows VM very ofthen, but reading PDFs is one of those
very rare reasons, unfortunatly :-(.

Cheers and thanks,

  Schoepp