Re: [orca-list] Screenreader Accessibility Testers for Ubuntu

Out here, we end up having people who have to install windows and they're
a slightly different class than users and developers.  When I got a Dell
windows computer at home it had Windows '97 on it and I made the mistake
of having Office 2000 installed on it too.  The computer ran okay for
about a week with Window-eyes on it then it crashed.  Corruption in files
made that happen.  At that time, narrator didn't exist.  I got a friend to
tell me the necessary responses to each windows prompt and I keyed those
in on braille paper.  I managed to reinstall windows myself a few times
and it was such a hassle I started my Linux journey.  It took a year of
meetings with a Linux users group for us to figure how to get redhat 5.0
when Redhat 5.0 was hot and could be bought at Staples to get Linux
talking.  The computer required a mouse or it wouldn't come up completely
so I started wondering if ex-microsoft employees were working for Redhat.
I've installed other flavors of Linux since then.  I promised myself and
mostly kept that promise to never use Windows again during my retirement.
I did a little but the installation of a service pack crashed another Dell
laptop so the laptop got trashed.
Installation is one thing, but normally not use a mouse and need speech
working and have to do it without sighted assistance and that's a
different kettle of fish.