Re: [orca-list] Solus and Orca

It sounds like you will need to open the run window using alt+f2 and run

systemctl --user restart pipewire

Then either hit alt+super+s twice or open the run window again and run

orca --replace

Most likely there is a conflict between your lightdm user and your normal user. It would be interesting to know how Fedora works around this problem, as my screen reader speaks the login screen as well as when the MATE desktop starts, and I don't have to do any craziness like that, whereas on Arch when I switched it to use pipewire, I have to do this now every time I start the computer and log in.

~Kyle