[orca-list] Installing Ubuntu mate 20.10 with orca

Hey there everyone:
It appears as I am is having some difficulty getting orca to read the installer and other admin utilities on
the Ubuntu made 20.10 live CD. I can get it talking with an alt super s, and it reads other things OK, but if
I try to run the installer, or even jump to a terminal and run gparted, no dice. Has something changed here?
Admittedly, I have been out of the Linux  loop for a while since work has picked up majorly. I am definitely
still highly interested though. Thanks for your help in advance.