[orca-list] A broad question about print accessibility.

Greetings All,

I must preface my inquiry by stating that I'm not even certain if this
is the appropriate place to be asking my question, but my notion of a
solution involves orca as part of the process, so I thought to solicit
your collective wisdom. I find myself in a position where I am about
to be more isolated but will need to interact much more with printed
materials. So I am seeking a sort of omnibus solution. The two print
sources that I will need to interact with most are personal mail and
professional books (likely in several languages) for research. My
thought is to invest in a good scanner, use a linux program to extract
the text from the resultant images, and then use either orca or
emacspeak to read the text. Is this a reasonable work flow? If so, do
any of you have advice on any part of that process? I should note that
I am aware of certain options for smart phone users, but thus far,
mainly for security/privacy reasons, I am resistant to obtain a smart
phone.

I thank you extremely for your input.

Hwaen Ch'uqi