Re: [orca-list] A broad question about print accessibility.

For your smart phone, you can usually put it into airplane mode and use it to read your private mail in a private and secure way using apps like Speak, Lookout or Textifi on Android devices. But for even more secure results that stay private, you can use either cuneiform or tesseract to extract the text on your Linux machine. I believe xsane will allow this right from the same screen where you can scan your mail or books. I do believe it's using tesseract by default, which is not perfect, nothing is, but it is pretty good for getting a good gist of what you're reading.

~Kyle